The IDS uEye RE harsh environment camera uses a special IP rated connector instead of a normal USB socket.
I did not want to buy the expensive original cable, and the connector pins were compatible with ordinary female jumper wires, so I traced the USB connections and made my own cable.
Looking at the camera connector in the same direction as the photo:
Red: 5 V
White: USB data minus
Green: USB data plus
Black: Ground
The colored dots beside the pins show where each wire connects. The top center pin is left unconnected.
The camera also had a failed Texas Instruments DC to DC converter marked AIO. I replaced it with an AMS1117 3.3 V regulator because that was what I had available.
The AMS1117 is not the best replacement for the original switching converter, but it was enough to restore the 3.3 V supply and get the camera working again.
Green light and ready to go.
Connector pinout and repair photos below.
No comments:
Post a Comment