Friday, September 13, 2013

diy uav drone

For now I only have time to upload some photos. I will write the complete how and why later.

The airframe is an FQM 117B model of the MiG 27. I turned it into a UAV and communications research platform.

Electronics visible in the photos include a pico PC, Ubertooth One, WiFi, ArduPilot, USRP, FUNcube Dongle Pro and a 5.8 GHz analog video transmitter.

I covered the airframe with fiberglass and then painted it.

Motor: Kontronik Tango 45 13

Gearbox: Mega planetary 5:1

Battery pack: two SLS APL 6S1P 8000 mAh packs

Propeller: Graupner CFK folding propeller 55 20

Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQbTH36nSEQ

Some more photos below.

Photos and videos

diy uav drone, photograph 1
diy uav drone, photograph 2
diy uav drone, photograph 3
diy uav drone, photograph 4
diy uav drone, photograph 5
diy uav drone, photograph 6
diy uav drone, photograph 7
diy uav drone, photograph 8
diy uav drone, photograph 9
diy uav drone, photograph 10

No comments:

Post a Comment