This was an idea I had for using the Pepper's Ghost illusion during electronics debugging.
A camera points at the instrument being used, such as an oscilloscope or multimeter. Its image is displayed on an LCD and reflected from a clear Perspex sheet positioned at approximately 45 degrees in front of the work area.
I actually used a larger screen and Perspex sheet than the small demonstration setup, but the optical arrangement was the same.
Because I used only one sheet of Perspex instead of the complete Pepper's Ghost arrangement, the reflected instrument display was mirrored.
A better version would use the full arrangement with a bright display or projector, a mirror at 45 degrees and a thin glass plate. The golden ticket would be adding a transparent touch panel for direct control of the displayed instrument.
Pepper's Ghost:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pepper%27s_ghost
Videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bR6xFc8cr44
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hw-r7ZL_dXQ
It looks better in real life.
Photos and videos


No comments:
Post a Comment